Report Price: $5450
Number of Pages: 200
Publish Date: July 2012
The worldwide high-brightness LED market grew from $11.3 billion in 2010 to $12.5 billion in 2011, a growth rate of 9.8%. Ten companies accounted for more than 68% of the LED market. Strategies Unlimited arrived at these figures after analyzing market demand as well as the supply-side activity of more than 54 LED component suppliers.
- A major development in the mobile segment is the move to OLED displays. Approximately 50% of smartphone displays are expected to be OLEDs by 2016.
- Though the TV/Monitor backlight segment grew in 2011, revenue is projected to drop substantially by 2016.
- The same supply conditions that reduced the price of LEDs increased the demand for packaged LED in lighting applications from $1.2 billion in 2010 to $1.8 billion in 2011. System efficacy, rather than LED efficacy, was the gating factor in 2011.
- The automotive market was rather flat in 2011, due to worldwide economic woes. LEDs in this segment grew by 4%, to $1.2 billion.
- Growth in the sign market is due mainly to dometic Chinese consumption.
This 200-page report offers insightful analysis and five-year forecasts for six different segments, as well as a supplier analysis by geographic region.