Report Price: $5,250
Number of Pages: 396
Publish Date: March 2010
- Characterizes the market potential for HB LEDs in lighting applications in the context of the overall lighting market
- Provides detailed information on all the major lighting applications, including market trends, drivers and challenges
- Identifies the major types of product applications including materials and package type
- Describe the competitive environment and the market structure for each of the segments
- In-depth market forecast until 2014
HB LEDs have penetrated a variety of niche lighting applications and are beginning to be used in several white light applications that could be considered as part of the general illumination market. The market for HB LEDs in lighting amounted to $340 million in 2007, or approximately 5% of the overall HB LED market. The largest application was architectural lighting, where the ability of LEDs to provide colors and color-changing effects was a major market driver. In spite of its small share of the overall HB LED market, lighting was one of the fastest growing segments from 2007-2010. The market is forecast to grow to over $7.3 billion by 2014.
To understand this dynamic market and its driving forces, Strategies Unlimited has
completed a comprehensive report that looks at the demand side of high-brightness LEDs for lighting specific applications. The report includes an applications analysis, lighting industry overview, technology trends, five year market forecast, and an appendix of LED lighting manufacturers. The Market for High-Brightness LEDs in Lighting Applications – 2010 is the most recent edition in a series of reports published on the LED industry by Strategies Unlimited. It provides detailed information on all the major applications, including market trends, drivers, and an in-depth market forecast through 2014.